- let’s cut some CARDBOARD! 🙂
- possibly time to research
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE FINDING NON-WESTERN SOURCES
- here are some sites you can go to
Fight For What’s Right WORD
Below are some initial “ideas” – word walls are all the rage….so how can you make yours interesting, inviting, persuading, challenging and informative?!
………………don’t forget that you are going one step beyond these in that you are not going to be relying primarily on images – you are focusing on WORDS – but you can set up your word so that
a) 50% of your word needs to be covered in some form of “wordage”
b) 25% of your word can be colours, textures, 3-d – non-image based
c) 25% of your word can be image-based – photos, symbols…
– general idea of what we are “creating” 😉
– creative fonts – collage – size, shape, wordle – think big and outside of the box 🙂
– map, words, colour
– 3d additions – word collage – unusual presentation
– colour, pattern, font
- What is your word?!
- Assignment: please find one research site that you can use for your PBL project – each person in your group should use a different site
- complete an annotated bibliography (as above)
- complete analysis of the site (doc from last class analyzing-news-sources-worksheet )
—> due for the end of class
- Independent Reading Response – part 2 – due Wed March 1
3. Identifying-credible-and-accurate-sources info sheet
4. analyzing-news-sources-worksheet – due for today?
Reminder: THIS Friday is the Understanding the Village workshop that we are participating in all morning. It’s going to be awesome!
- last class we discussed the most effective ways to protest – let’s share your brainstorms