Kailey’s Love Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsbYHI-rZOE
A Victim’s Perspective on Sexual Exploitation: Emma’s Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnTYFeZNLkQ
Red Light Green Light trailer by Michelle and Jay Brock from New Life Church.
What exploitation looks like:
40 second clip on the Joy Smith Foundation website:
Covenant House clip:
Exodus Cry addressing the issue of full decriminalization of prostitution:
End of talk:
“Break the Silence” Canadian version
- please give Mrs. Spencer your slavery number
- complete Questions on Fairphone by going to https://www.fairphone.com/en/
- See Assignment below…
The world is committed to ending child labour by 2025
In 2015, UN member states adopted 17 Global Goals for sustainable development, including goal 8.7 to end all forms of forced labour, modern slavery and child labour by 2025. Eliminating child labour will help address poverty, strengthen economies and positively influence education, health and protection systems worldwide.
Find 5 different ways we can actually make a difference in the world child labour
- These need to be SPECIFIC things that a person here in Duncan can do
- Include about a 50 -60 word explanation IN YOUR OWN WORDS for EACH of the 5 ways (in total you will have 250-300 words)
- Make sure you consider how you can make it EASY for them to make a difference!
- You might consider ideas that can also be used in our major project, so you kill two birds with one stone 😉
For example (and you can’t use mine 🙂 ):
You can purchase fair trade items. Some places in Victoria that sell fair trade are Level Ground Trading Company , Ten Thousand Villages and Peace Freaks Ethical Clothing. These stores sell coffee, spices, tea, dried fruits, clothing made from bamboo / cotton/ hemp, decorative items, jewellery, dishes, and much more!
Support a child via a charity organization. To know which charities are the “best” to support, go to charityintelligence.ca. World Vision Canada and Plan Canada both score an “A-” and are considered two of the best. Even better is Unicef Canada – Unicef is actually the world’s leading child-focused humanitarian organization, working in 192 different countries.