1. hand in permission letters
2. finished watching the Sandel video
3. discussed worldviews – let Mrs. Spencer know what what worldview you have
4. read “The Ones who Walk Away from Omelas” (will finish next class)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUSG7HtLhw – BREAKING NEWS!
1) hand in worldview sheets
2)watch videos: http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3775471 – part 1
Answer the questions below as you watch these two videos:
Video: Justice – What’s the Right Thing to Do?
1. Moral Consequences:
a. Consequensalist Morality – what is it?
b. Categorical Morality – what is it?
2. What was Jeremy Bentham’s idea around morality? (Utilitarianism)
3. Which two masters are we all governed by?
4. Therefore, on what do we base morality? What is the “right” thing to do?
5. What slogan represents this?
6. At the end of the video, what are the three questions raised?
2) Videos on Worldview
a. http://www.colsoncenter.org/twominutewarning/entry/34/16756 – ChuckColson
b. . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJywAcrr6R8 – video – no visuals
4) Choose Your Own Adventure Worldview readings – if you missed class, you will need to get these from me on Wed as they were too large to photocopy 🙂
1) Watch 7 billion video http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/news/7-billion/ngm-7billion
2) Watch video on 100 people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNnbO8x4JAY
3) Complete The Global Village Video Worksheet as you watch the 100 people video
1) map review
2) Map Project assignment Map Project Answers
3) Assignment: write a 200-300 word reflection on the map project. Look at the world, where the people live, where the resources are, where disease is, where the money is…..what is our world like? Due Wed Oct 8….15 marks
The only thing that needs to be done today is to label the world map and then colour in those countries…..(World Map). This is due for Monday October 6
i. Canada England
ii. USA France
iii. Nigeria Netherlands
iv. Uganda Mexico
v. Rwanda Iraq
vi. Haiti Syria
vii. Israel Thailand
viii. South Korea North Korea
ix. China Afghanistan
x. India Colombia
xi. Sierra Leone Guatemala
xii. Indonesia Philippines
1) Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrJjfDUzD7M – Did You Know 2014
2) we put together a world map and hung up our posters
No homework 🙂 🙂
On a Mission to Prevent English Teacher Burnout
Exploring what it means to "act justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with (our) God"
The Art and Craft of Blogging
The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.