- finish up your Choose Your Own Adventure worldview
- worldview discussion
- 4 square
- Article: belgium-lets-a-legal-minor-euthanize-himself
- time to work on your assignment from last class (whats-the-right-thing-to-do-utilitarianism)
- Video: What is a Worldview?
- “Choose Your Own Worldview” activity – if you miss class today you will need to get this from me, as it is too large to upload 🙂
= Join Social Justice 12 for reminders of homework and such at the following website: https://www.remind.com/join/3b94e
= follow the blog at spencerdcss.wordpress.com – you need to do this!!!
- finish Michael Sandel video (The Case for Cannibalism)
- group discussion – do-you-agree-with-utilitarianism
- class discussion
- utilitarianism-strengths-and-weaknesses reading
- ASSIGNMENT: What’s the Right Thing to Do:
- finish watching to 15:27 of What’s the Right Thing to Do?
- jot down the meanings of “consequential” and “categorical” morality
- continue watching the above video starting at 24:28 – end
- Be able to answer the following questions:
- Who is Jeremy Bentham?
- What is Utilitarianism?
- What is his idea of the right or just thing to do? What is “utility”?
- How do we use the concepts of pleasure and pain to act morally
- How can Bentham’s morality be summed up?
- Please have this parent letter signed and returned to me by Wed Sept 14: Permission Letter for SJ 12
- Game – Where do you Stand?
- video: History of Human Rights —- as you watch jot down 5 things that stand out to you – be prepared to discuss!
Exploring what it means to "act justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with (our) God"