Kailey’s Love Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsbYHI-rZOE
A Victim’s Perspective on Sexual Exploitation: Emma’s Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnTYFeZNLkQ
Red Light Green Light trailer by Michelle and Jay Brock from New Life Church.
What exploitation looks like:
40 second clip on the Joy Smith Foundation website:
Covenant House clip:
Exodus Cry addressing the issue of full decriminalization of prostitution:
End of talk:
“Break the Silence” Canadian version
1) listened to Ivan’s perspective on ISIS – take up arms and let’s get rid of ’em!
2) read a different Christian response – let’s love instead of resorting to violence – read it here: Christian response to ISIS
3) watched videos on atrocities
Are the airstrikes working?
News report on 4th beheading
treatment of women
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777834/Mass-executions-1-500-time-girls-abducted-sex-slaves-children-used-soldiers-UN-report-confirms-ISIS-s-atrocities-Iraq.html —–scroll down for video
Execution of Iraqi soldiers
4) worked on parts 1/2 of ISIS assignment – these are due for Monday! Point/Counterpoint is due for Wednesday!!! See here for rubric: Marking rubric
1) you need to follow this blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sign up now 🙂
2) We Interrupt this Lesson #1!
a. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpG3jLGGkvc – Aya
b. PPT – ISIS for SJ12 (this is the teaching ppt) – Here is the student workbook to fill in: ISIS student workbook for SJ12
c. Response package is here: #1 Isis Lesson