Because this project is due Wed, and needs to be actually set up, you will lose 25% per day if it is late….originally I said I would not accept lates….hopefully NOBODY will fall into this category. You still have one more day off to work on it 🙂
Just a reminder that your project is due next Wed! We don’t have school next week UNTIL Wed, so MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT HERE AND READY TO GO – as in SET UP during class.
We will set up all the project and have the other class members have a look at them.
Pretend it is REALLY Expo – bring any 3D visuals, props, etc that you need.
I won’t see you again until then…feel free to email me over the weekend if you have questions 🙂
…to be finished watching your genocide videos and to have generated a fair amount of notes and a number of questions that you have about your genocide
…this is due when class starts and will be returned to you before class is over 🙂
This project will be a science fair-type project which we will display at Expo.
In order to better understand your topic, you will watch the video below assigned to it. As you watch:
i) You will need to take notes on things you think are important
ii) You need to write down questions that come up as you watch – things that you need/want to know more about
iii) Also consider what you would like others to know – what is important? what stories do you need to tell?
1) Holodomor (12 parts – 2 hours – this link leads to part 1 which will lead you to the other parts) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnUHdlTkto&index=5&list=PL64AD08DD2A040EC1&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKnnUHdlTkto%26index%3D5%26list%3DPL64AD08DD2A040EC1&has_verified=1
2) Nanking (10 parts – almost 2 hours – this link leads you to part 1 which will lead you to the other parts) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTJfbIvqhhk&list=PL420FDCEB82B3A3E5&index=4
3) Darfur – “On Our Watch” (1 hour) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iekkBwOFm4s + “Crayons and Paper” dvd (30 minutes)
4) Cambodia = “The Killing Fields” dvd (2 1/4 hours)
5) Rwanda = “Ghosts of Rwanda” (2 hours) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJAuyIRfYIM