1) posters due today! Africa quiz on Monday…..Residential school response due next Friday….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AK3jPNbWu0 – Antonio Banderas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzeLfqs1BA – UN end violence against women
4) info sheet on violence against women
1) discussion about field trip
2) poster due next Wednesday! don’t forget 🙂
3) The hurting reading
4) Effects of Child Abuse – main ppt – students to fill out this one: Effects of Child Abuse WORKBOOK
1) field trip tomorrow – meet Mrs. Byron in lobby at 8:40 – bring a lunch, wear CLOSED toe shoes and don’t wear strong scents (they can affect the coffee!)
——–Make sure you have your permission slip in!
2) Finished “We Were Children” – netflix
3) discussion about Residential Schools, their legacy and impact
4) reading about a survivor and the Kuper Island Residential School
1) field trip forms due by Monday!!!
2) watched “We Were Children” – on netflix
1) hand in Biopoems
2) next due date: May 20 – The Zine
3) Zine Assignment
4) for ideas: Zine Samples
5) time to work on Zine or Poster – this will be the only working class for the rest of the year, so use your time wisely 🙂