Congrats Erinne from Reynolds Secondary for graduating and for being an inspiration!
She made her grad dress out of old math homework and donated the money she would have spent on a gown to Malala’s Foundation.
The dress reads: “I’ve received my education, not every woman has that right”
Cheers, Erinne! Keep on being the rad person that you are!
You can support her cause here: http://www.malala.org/give/?source=website_tnav
In response to the earthquakes in Nepal we are preparing a second air shipment of 50 tents and 50 Disaster Aid kits to our partner in Nepal. This follows the shipment of 30 Disaster Aid kits, 30 large tents and 30 water filters which left from Vancouver by air-shipment on May 11th. Our partner, NCM Nepal has been given responsibility for two remote villages with about 1000 people each that have been affected by the earthquakes. Cost of each of these kits is $750 including air transport. Please use our “Donate” button to support this cause. Designate your gift “Nepal”. A posting by Disaster Aid Canada about the first shipment can be found here.
A recent newsletter from Korle Bu Neroscience Foundation about our Liberia shipments can be found here.
Items needed at this time for Maternity Packs:
Boys and girls sleepers up to six months
Boys and Girls onesies up to six months
Disposable diapers up to six months
Women’s regular panties.
2″ safety pins
There will be an opportunity to drop off materials for the Compassionate Resource Warehouse at Lumberworld, 3955 Quadra St., on the last Saturday of each month, 8:30 AM to 4 PM.
1) hand in first page of homeless questions
2) watch clips from Dropbox
3) Social Action Plan = introduction to this mandatory project SJ 12 Action Plan Page 1
4) choose your Social Justice book!
5) finish homelessness questions
1) poverty activities
2) started watching “Something to Eat, A Place to Sleep and Someone Who Gives a Damn” – short film about homelessness in Vancouver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfQtxnnOP4
1) hand in Hole in Our Gospel questions
2) watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rEId6WnCU0 – Hole In Our Gospel – part 2
3) poverty activities