- Quotes activity – candy to be earned 🙂
- response on chart paper to topics
- written response (150 – 200 words / 10 marks)
- Words have power. Words have consequences.
- Christmas outreach – thoughts???
- we will discuss the individual book assignment next class
- any more thoughts on the Christmas outreach?
- Take a Stand about War
- watch Neighours
- Questions for discussion:
- What did you find most interesting about the film?
- What is the mood of the film? How is it created?
- What is the message of the film? How is this developed?
- What makes this film powerful?
- Why do you think there is no dialogue in the film? How does the film portray its message simply with images?
- A 2007 scientific study found that violence between ethnic groups usually occurs “in places where boundaries between groups are unclear.” Do you think that the act of putting up border ‘fences’ in such areas would help prevent conflict or enflame existing animosity?
- Assignment: War Quotes
- discussion of plans for term 2
- Individualized Book project
Exploring what it means to "act justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with (our) God"