This project will be a science fair-type project which we will display at Expo.
In order to better understand your topic, you will watch the video below assigned to it. As you watch:
i) You will need to take notes on things you think are important
ii) You need to write down questions that come up as you watch – things that you need/want to know more about
iii) Also consider what you would like others to know – what is important? what stories do you need to tell?
1) Holodomor (12 parts – 2 hours – this link leads to part 1 which will lead you to the other parts) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnUHdlTkto&index=5&list=PL64AD08DD2A040EC1&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKnnUHdlTkto%26index%3D5%26list%3DPL64AD08DD2A040EC1&has_verified=1
2) Nanking (10 parts – almost 2 hours – this link leads you to part 1 which will lead you to the other parts) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTJfbIvqhhk&list=PL420FDCEB82B3A3E5&index=4
3) Darfur – “On Our Watch” (1 hour) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iekkBwOFm4s + “Crayons and Paper” dvd (30 minutes)
4) Cambodia = “The Killing Fields” dvd (2 1/4 hours)
5) Rwanda = “Ghosts of Rwanda” (2 hours) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJAuyIRfYIM
1) “Neighbours” http://vimeo.com/39056719
2) Causes of war activity
3) complete Thoughts on War
1) watched Social Justice video
2) read p.45-50 from True Religion by Palmer Chinchen
3) discussion about war – is it okay? Remembrance day – what are we remembering?
4) video on Remembrance Day
5) read poems