1) finish up ppt/videos on vaccines
2) Sarah and Hayley – presentation
Health / Diseases: Making a Difference 20 marks
Look up TWO different organizations that are making a difference in the field of health in the social justice arena. Please stick with the diseases/health issue we have looked at in class. For EACH organization do the following:
a) Name of organization
b) What is the organization doing in the field of health? Please give some details….who is being helped? how? why? Give at least 3 specifics showing ways they are helping.
c) In what areas of the world are they working?
d) What can the average person do to help this organization? or can they?
e) What progress has been made and how long has it taken to do this?
1) story about how Wife Inheritance Spreads AIDS
2) AIDS in Africa map of the 4 countries in the world with the highest prevalance of AIDS (in order, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho, South Africa)
3) AIDS Webquest – see last Wednesday for assignment
4) second half of book you are reading is due for Wed May 6. Assignment coming soon 🙂
1) Action Plan part 2
2) finish Fever Road – questions due next class
Documentary – “Fever Road” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGbgye4soSQ (there are 9 parts altogether)
Fever Road questions
3) put Kenya on your Africa map
1) reminder that 1/2 book due today!
2) just a reminder that I will collect binders at the end of the year 🙂
3) Documentary – “Fever Road” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGbgye4soSQ (there are 9 parts altogether)
4) video questions to accompany “Fever Road” Fever Road questions
1) finish up ebola – how do you stop it?
2) label Uganda, Nigeria and Rwanda on your African map
3) true/false on Malaria
4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5J72xdavT4 – video introducing Malaria
5) with a partner, log on to a computer and go to Google News
- look up an article from the last 6 months about malaria (article should be about 1-2 pages)
- write the name of the article on the board so nobody else takes it
- Read article and jot down 10 key points/pieces of information
a. Videos to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNiH18JNmqA
b. Videos Worksheet
c. – be able to identify these three countries on a map – quiz on Africa is coming 🙂
d. a. http://www.one.org/us/2014/11/24/14-stats-about-ebola-you-need-to-read-right-now/ – take notes from this site on key points
April 1 – refined action plan
April 8 – half of book read + video response